The secrets of an accurate model are good measurement results and intuitive model extraction software. Transistor modelling is indeed not an easy task. Therefore, the modelling engineers should be able to configure their measurement bench easily, measure all the phenomena that a transistor can exhibit ( thermal, traps, leakage…), and finally, have a comprehensive and intuitive step-by-step model extraction tool that allows them to access all the data on the same platform.
How does the compact model extraction tool help you solve well-known problems?
- Turnkey solution: You spend too much time developing your tools internally to extract your models, which forces you to manipulate a large number of measurement data in different formats to extract the constituent parameters of your models. IVCAD is the turnkey solution for you and allows you to process measurement data to extract compact models precisely and quickly.
- IVCAD integrates two modules allowing the extraction of compact linear and nonlinear models for LDMOS and HEMT technologies.
- You are guided step by step through the various stages of your model’s parameters extraction. Thanks to an intuitive interface, you can quickly and easily develop your models (linear and nonlinear).
- Save your work at each step of the process to share and export the results to commercial circuit simulation tools.
The little extras you’ve been waiting for
- To determine the thermal model of your component, IVCAD integrates a tool for extracting nonlinear parameters as a function of temperature.
- With the model equation editor, you can implement your nonlinear equations, use the parameter sweep tools and powerful optimization tools, allowing fast and precise extraction of the model’s parameters.
- IVCAD allows you to export your models to commercial circuit simulation platforms (ADS, AWR), essential for RF circuit design.
- Compare measurements with the model for characteristics such as the S- Y- and Z-parameters in the extrinsic and intrinsic planes of the model. Visualize and optimize the difference between the measurement and your model in real-time.