The model equations were developed concurrently with the parameter extraction techniques to ensure the model contains only parameters that are extractable from measured data.
- Meas. data management
- Small signal model
- IV model
- Non-linear capacitances
- Thermal model
- Trapping effects
- Breakdown phenomena
Users can perform each extraction steps using optimizers and/or tuners inside an easy-to-use tool, and dedicated algorithms allow fast and efficient extraction.
The model includes the following features:
- An accurate electro-thermal drain-source current model including dynamical self-heating of the device
- Few parameters, ensuring easier extraction process
- A charge model that accurately tracks measured capacitance values (one dimension, respecting charge conservation law)
- A breakdown model as a function of both Vgs and Vds
- Extrapolation capabilities from the measurement area used for the model extraction
- Scaling rules can be added